ADVERTISEMENT

Lunch with Coach Campbell today!

cychief24

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Grimes, Iowa
Before today I was a huge Matt Campbell fan. After today I feel overwhelmingly lucky that he is our Head Football Coach. He took the time and effort to fly back to Ames from Texas to support a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis at the Jacobsen Building. He was there for an hour and then had to fly back. They way he was with the host family “Charlie’s Angels” was heartwarming and inspiring. Charlie is a 4 year old girl battling CF, her older sister was in my daughter’s 5th grade class last year. He is so genuine and sincere.
He spoke in general about the team and the process of changing the culture that I’m sure many here have heard before. But his passion is real.
He answered a few questions. A humorous moment happened after I asked a question. I asked what the typical day was like for a player in-season. He kinda chuckled and then asked Joel Lanning to answer it. Lanning said that since he had already graduated last spring so he just took online classes in the fall. He said he had a lot of free time. Everyone laughed and Coach Campbell pretended to be irritated. Then Lanning shared what days were like for most players.
One other nugget... he said the players mostly picked out the uniform designs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.