ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Jersey Back Researching I-State

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

Multiple Power-5 programs have taken notice of a Class of 2021 running back after he helped lead his team to a state championship this past season.

The most recent offer for Montvale (NJ) Saint Joseph's Prep's Audric Estime is from the Cyclones, who visited with the recruit in-school earlier this month.

“One day, I got called down to talk to the coach and then later in the day my head coach told me they had offered me,” said Estime. “They said they watched my tape and liked how physical I am, as well as my size and speed. He said they have a great program, the facilities are nice and they want me to come out and visit.”

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound sophomore rushed 115 times for 596 yards and 10 touchdowns, while also adding one score through the air, in a time share with two other backs.

It was enough for P5 programs such as Boston College, Maryland, Nebraska and Rutgers to step up with offers prior to I-State.

Since the Cyclones joined the fray, Estime said he’s studied up on the program.

“I’ve done some research and looked up the facilities online,” he said. “It looks like a nice place. I’ve watched their highlights on YouTube. I think overall, it’s a great school to go to. They have good academics and are pretty good at football.”

The talented running back said he thinks college coaches have liked a number of facets he flashed in his game this season.

“I think they like the way I read the field and have good vision,” he said. “They like my size for my age and strength. I’d say that I’ve become more of an all-purpose back. I had a couple catches out of the backfield this year and can block. I can do it all.”

Estime said he is planning an unofficial visit to ISU for either a Junior Day this winter or a spring practice next year.

Reactions: r_rich_r
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News