ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter's gun trial

Lone Clone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The jury has it now. I have mixed feelings about what the jury (and possibly the judge) will or should do.

First of all, he's obviously guilty there just isn't any doubt about that. But there's a little more to it than that.

His crime didn't harm any individual or institution. It probably wouldn't have been pursued if it was Joe Blow instead of Hunter Biden. I mean, the charge would have been filed, but it wouldn't have been a big deal. In a vast majority of cases where this charge is made, it's because the act of getting the gun was part of a more serious crime.

I think it's entirely possible that the jury will go with nullification and find him innocent because even though they know he did it, they don't think he should be punished for it.

I would have a problem with that, not because I think his crime was, in itself, serious but because of the precedent. If he can get away with it, why can't the next guy?

IMHO, the ideal situation would be a guilty verdict and an extremely light sentence.....certainly not jail time. This is America. You can't put a guy in jail just for being a waste of skin and bone.

Save that for the convictions on tax charges that are coming up later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News