ADVERTISEMENT

How the 25th amendment would work, as far as I can tell.

CeMar_Clone

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
The Dems are in a real pickle (and I love it). I looked up the 25th and tried to figure out how it could work, and it is a lengthy process, which is why the Dems have not done it yet.

Steps:
1 Vice President and 8 Cabinet officers have to call for it. That will be very tough to do.
2. VP becomes "acting" POTUS after step 1.
3. Old POTUS can notify congress that they contest what was done in step 1.
4. Congress must convene in 48 hours, and can discuss for 21 days.
5. If old POTUS has objected, VP and officers may file objection.
6. After all this, it would then require a 2/3 vote of congress (assume both houses) to carry out the 25th, otherwise old POTUS remains in power. GOP would drag this out as long as possible, and likely not vote to remove BIden, just to f#ck the dems even more.

So this option seems like it would take upwards of a month, time which the dems do not have.

Biden will not step aside, since his son is going to be on trial again, and Biden needs to be POTUS to give his son the pardon. Also the Biden family has a good deal in making money off the POTUS.

So the dems must either go down with the sinking ship (Biden), or maybe Biden get the Clinton treatment. Like I said before, I feel for the White House food taster.

I like what Trump said tonight, Biden was brilliant making Kamala his VP, because the party will do nothing to replace Biden based on how inept Kamala is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News