ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I know I've posted about my landlord on here before, complaining about how incompetent he is. Well, I've had a hole in my bathroom floor and the whole floor sags where the toilet sits for about two years now. The hole is big enough to throw a cat through, literally. Because one day when I was out, I came home to find cat footprints on my coffee table. I don't have a cat. So I've been keeping a bucket over the hole since then.

He insists on doing everything in house, not hiring outside help, but the list of ne'er-do-wells and miscreants he considers his helpers is never available to help him. So he finally brought one of them over yesterday to help him fix the bathroom floor. I guess this one was a captive audience, because he has been living with the landlord ever since his girlfriend kicked him out, and he couldn't come up with an excuse not to help this time.

Anyway, I got an earful from this helper about my landlord. Turns out the landlord's house is in worse shape than the one he rents to me. The helper told me that the ceilings in most of the rooms have collapsed because his roof leaks and he won't fix it. It leaks so badly that the floor in one of the rooms has started to rot away and he also has a hole in the floor at that spot. This hole is big enough for a family of possums to get into the house, where they have taken up residence. The helper said he went to the kitchen one night to get something to drink, turned on the light and a huge possum was sitting in front of the refrigerator hissing at him and then charged him.

The helper said my landlord doesn't seem to mind the possums and in fact, admires them. He considers them one of the best animals to walk the planet, declaring they are survivors from a prehistoric age and are just like us in that they have small delicate, human-like hands and they sit on their hind legs and eat with those hands. He got mad at the helper once when he chucked something at one of the possums. So my complaints of squirrels getting in my attic or the occasional bird flying into the house through a gap between the roof and the top of the inside walls in one room are apparently nothing to him. HE'S GOT POSSUMS LIVING IN HIS HOUSE!!!!!

My daughters keep urging me to move out, but I hate moving. The thought of it makes me curl up in a ball and suck my thumb. Besides, I would never be able to find something as cheap as this. I'm renting a 3-bedroom house for less than what you could get a 1 bedroom apartment for most anywhere else in the world.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News