ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk fans in P&L

Cyanide

Legend
Sep 13, 2001
This is lengthy so I apologize.

Me and family/friends get to the P&L around 3:00 yesterday. We find a good spot basically right in the middle of the area, next to Leinenkugel's Shandy Bar. Tons of fans everywhere, people standing up on the backs of seating, but no games on so that's not a big deal.

But then people around us all start noticing these two drunk guys standing up in the middle of the area and being a bit annoying. It's not a huge deal but you hear murmurs of 'they better just get down once the game starts...'

Game starts and everyone starts realizing they're wearing black and now a gold Hawk logo is visual on one of their shirts. They are even more drunk and you see them kind of flipping people off and laughing but they're still standing up high...now blocking views.

I hear 'go back to Iowa you dumbasses!' behind me and it's a swarm of Kansas State fans that are pissed off, just like many of the ISU fans in the area.

It gets to a point where one of them turns around and I yell 'dude sit down! you don't need to be standing up there blocking everyone's view when you can see fine from the ground' to which he flips me off and yells 'F*** the Big 12 and F*** Kansas City!' Well that goes over very well as you can imagine.

Now pissed off and drunk fans from both ISU and KSU are yelling at him. My sister screams 'why are you even here?!' and he turns and says something crude to her and that was it. Some KSU fan went for him and yanked the phone from the guys ear (he was on the phone with someone) and the KSU fan says 'don't talk to her like that...got it?'

By now the security is paying very close attention to the situation. Security comes down, walks towards the KSU/Iowa guy and I think the cop is going to go over the KSU fan for being physical. He goes to the Iowa fans and tells him 'you better get the f*** out of here or calm the f*** down.'

The Iowa fans calm down and sneak away and out of the P&L a few minutes later. Again, just a perfect example of why no one likes their fanbase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.