ADVERTISEMENT

Dental insurance problem

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So I had a dental appointment in November of last year and I just now got a bill for it this week from my dentist, saying they had no record in their files of my having dental insurance despite the fact that I gave them my dental card during the visit. I said, sounds like you're going to have to eat it, since I gave you my dental insurance, which is no longer active, and it's more than a year later. I didn't let it go at that, however, and called my old workplace to get some info on the insurance, then made another call to corporate to get more info, then called the insurer and found that they would still pay it if the visit occurred during the time I was covered. I called the dental office back and gave them the information I had gathered and they texted me this morning that they could find no evidence that I ever had dental insurance through that company. Well, I had just talked to that company the day before and they told me I indeed had coverage when the visit occurred. But I called back just to make doubly sure and they told me if the dentist was trying to submit the claim electronically like they normally do, it would show I had no insurance and reject the claim. They told me the dentist would have to fax the claim to them and flag it ATTN. Claims Department and they would take care of it. Seems like a lot of hassle for a $108 bill that is over a year old.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News