ADVERTISEMENT

COVID discussion from football camp thread

Cylent

Legend
Gold Member
May 8, 2003
First off, don't kill the messenger, just passing on a few things I've heard in the last week or so about fall practice from a couple trusted sources.
Covid was an issue early in camp with more than several players missing a few days of practice. But enough about that.

Kickers and Punters: Perkins seems to have done the majority of the punting so far. Konrardy has hit some long FG's in practices and scrimmages.

Linebackers: Its a free for all with a butt load of guys seeing time with the "1st teamers"
DL: similar to LB in that the coaches don't seem to be afraid to throw all the guys in there to get reps.
DB: Freyler is ready to rock and roll.
OL: have heard that Jalen Travis may not be back from a rumored stress fracture until the Iowa game.
Some guys getting the bulk of OL reps now would be Hufford, Black and Miller of course, along with Neal.
Haysert has been nursing an injury. Buhr has also seen some time with the ones, as has Dylan Barrett.

RB: Hansen is getting a lot of practice reps with the ones
QB: The one big surprise I heard is Connor Moberly is really impressing the staff. Has had a really good first fall camp and is really pressing JJ Kohl.

Again, just passing on what I've heard.
Covid is rising.
More hospitalizations and deaths lately. No longer news. Had went down for awhile.
New vacc. upgrade approved last week. Still runs a variant behind.
Covid is forever now. Endemic not pandemic. We can live with it.
Looking to get the shot in September with a flu booster.
Some hate the covid shot (that's your business and fine with me), but I'd be dead without it.
Nasty bug was the last variant.
Only measles were worse for me. And I've had a lot of bad bugs. Q Fever anyone??

You'd expect a locker room to see some.
And not everybody to get it at the same time now.
Still no 100% knowledge on acquired immunity beyond don't get a booster shot for three months after you had the bug.
Variant changes often.. Subvariants even more.

Reactions: Bear Clone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.