ADVERTISEMENT

Chances of Iowa playing in Big 10 championship ever again, practically 0%

CeMar_Clone

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
I could almost (repeat, almost) feel sorry for their fans. Because the Big 10 went to 18 teams, and added UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington, and also did away with divisions they have essentially made 12-13 teams into nothing but cannon fodder (and this includes Iowa). Think about the next 10 years of championship games, that is 20 slots to fill. So looking at the top of the league in terms of power house programs, that would be OSU, Michigan, PSU, Oregon, USC. So the #1 slot will with almost 100% certainty come from these 5 teams. Then the #2 position has to be filled, and I would bet that over 10 years, at least 7 of those slots will be filled by this same group of teams. So that likely means for the other 13 programs in the league, over the next 10 years, they will be likely be very fortunate to get even 3 slots in the championship out of 20 slots available. Worst yet, their is a good possibility that all 20 slots for the next 10 years comes from just the top 5 teams I already mentioned. The Big 10 championship game is going to become really boring, it will be just rotated among those top 5 teams.

We will have to wait 10 years to find out, but I bet I am right on this.

The Big 12, is going to be wild and crazy over the next 10 years, just the opposite of the Big 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.