ADVERTISEMENT

Beauty and the Beast

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
The Beasts won over a highly ranked Virginia Tech team. I think they were missing one of their better wrestlers, but we took 6 of the 10 matches in pulling what I think was an upset. A couple of our wrestlers got huge takedowns as time was running out in their matches, which was great to see and swung the meet our way.

The Beauties had some great performances with a couple of 9.95 performances on the Beam. Oregon State and Southeast Missouri were there competing also. Despite some great scores and winning all the honors in each event, Oregon State edged us out on the team score by the slimmest of margins, 0.025. A team score of 195.950 is really good for this early in the season. The best way to think of what that score means is to use my rule of 196. A team score of 196 means an average of 49 in each event. A 49 in each event means an average of 9.8 for 5 posted scores.

This is a fun event. I know it competes with the NFL playoffs, but for those that can pull themselves away from the TV, it is well worth it. Great entertainment and plenty of action going on all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News