ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Bailey has Cyclones in Top Six; Plans OV

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

Iowa State already struck gold in the state of Mississippi this week with the addition of four-star safety Kam White. Now the coaching staff would like to pull out another gem from the state in
the form of a LEO linebacker prospect.

Clarksdale rising senior Cordarrius Bailey recently announced a top-six which included the Cyclones, and says the recent addition of White has helped his perception of Matt Campbell's program.

"I didn't really know (White) until he committed," said the three-star Bailey. "He started texting me and we started talking. He said it's a really good program and I really should consider going to that school."

The 6-foot-3, 207-pound Bailey said the coaching staff is one of the main reasons the Cyclones have stayed in the running throughout his recruitment.

"It's the communication between me and Coach Campbell and Coach (Eli) Rasheed," said Bailey. "They've told me how they really feel about me. I talk to an Iowa State coach every week. I really like the high graduation rate at Iowa State. All of those factors put them in my top-six."

In addition to ISU, Bailey has offers from Louisville, Mississippi State, Colorado State and Memphis, among others.

Bailey says the coaching staff has told him on several occasions how he could make an impact on the defense sooner rather than later.

"They think I'd be a great fit for the LEO position, rushing the passer and going into pass coverage," he said. "They say I've got the speed and quickness to make a big impact there. We've also just talked about how great my senior year is going to be and how much they'd like me to be a part of the Cyclone family. They're recruiting me hard."

Prior to arriving in Clarksdale, Bailey played high school ball at Lincoln High School in Lincoln, Nebraska, so he's familiar with the Midwest. However, he has yet to step foot on ISU's campus. That will change this season.

"I'm going to take my official visit on September 3rd or October 1st," he said. "I'm excited to check out the player dorms, classrooms, study hall, stadium, practice field and football facility."

Bailey said he's also planning to take official visits to Louisville and Colorado State. He's unsure on the location of his other two visits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News