ADVERTISEMENT

3A boys state basketball

98Clone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Skipped the game up in Ames last night in favor of watching my hometown Osky boys team pound Fairfield last night in substate final. They advance to state again after runner up finish in 2018. Xavier Foster and Cole Henry both had great games last night and Osky looked like a team primed to win a state championship. They probably played best game of the season in route to 21 point win. Osky had previously beaten Fairfield only by 2 points in first game of season. Highlight of the night was Xavier Foster's monster put back dunk on his teammate's missed ft attempt. He took it right off the rim and hammered it down all in one swift motion. Never seen anything like it!

Norwalk was supposed to play Gilbert last night but game had to be postponed to tonight. Same with Clear Lake vs Charles City. If Norwalk wins tonight, they are probably #1 seed if they go by rankings. Osky split games with Norwalk this year. I'm hoping Osky and Norwalk are on opposite sides of bracket and maybe that's a potential finals matchup.

By the way, I've missed 2 out of 8 Big 12 home games for ISU this season: last night and the Texas game. Both were wins for ISU obviously. I won't be at Texas Tech game either which is apparently a good thing for our Clones!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News