ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Young In-Stater Talks I-State Offer

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

An in-state offensive lineman in the 2021 class has had an Iowa State offer for several months and was most recently in Ames for a few stints earlier this year.

West Marshall rising sophomore Luke Pinnick is still a few years away from signing a national letter-of-intent, so his communication with college coaches has been limited mainly to the unofficial visits he’s taken.

“Since I got offered, they came to the school about three or four times during the school year,” said Pinnick. “I went to see one of their bowl game practices and a spring game practice. I haven’t heard so much from them lately.”

The 6-foot-4, 295-pound Pinnick didn’t camp at I-State this summer but did however make the trek to Alabama for one and has plans to make it to Minnesota later this month. He also participated in the Under Armour camp in Chicago, Illinois.

Pinnick said he hopes to attend a few ISU home games this fall to get reacquainted with the staff.

In the months that followed what is still his lone offer, Pinnick made two trips to Ames that proved valuable.

“Those were great experiences and I loved it,” he said. “I like how their program is built. I like all of the stuff the offensive linemen are being taught by the coach and I love the techniques Coach Myers is using. I was pretty impressed with how they do stuff.”

He also got to visit with Myers and head coach Matt Campbell on his most recent visit.

“I met with them towards the end of practice,” Pinnick said. “They told me I still have a lot of time in high school and that I’m going to change throughout my career. They just kind of told me what their expectations are. I think the program is going in a great direction. Matt Campbell knows what he’s doing down there. He’s going to change the program around.”

In addition to his lone offer, Pinnick has received interest from Alabama, Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News