ADVERTISEMENT

"This is going to be Iowa's best defense under Kirk Ferentz"

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I was watching a Youtube video produced by a WVa. fan who was predicting a nonconference game for every team and trying to guess their overall record based on that game. (I think that was his premise, but I wasn't really clear on that.) In this video, he had Iowa-Iowa State.

In the comment section, some SQUAWK fan chimed in about the best defense ever. Iowa lost nearly it's entire front four from last year. Only one starter returns. I think they lost two of three LBs too. Their secondary might not be bad, but to say it's going to be their best defense under Ferentz is quite the stretch. I think their biggest DL by far is 287 pounds. I know Iowa is known for it's smallish DTs, but I think they're smaller this year than I ever remember them. Some of their DEs are as big or bigger than their 2-deep DTs.

The WVa. fan predicted a 38-20 Iowa State win, which is probably what triggered the SQUAWK fan. Another SQUAWK said a team hasn't scored 38 against Ioway in three years, but that's not even true. Purdue scored that many against them three years ago. They also play in the three yards in a cloud of dust league, 38 points is a rarity in any game any team in that league plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News