ADVERTISEMENT

Current FB commits

SPECTRE

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So, since I'm bored tonight and the wife is off with our oldest at a dance competition in Ames, I'm going to do a run down of the current commits (by order of latest commitment). I will say that I am absolutely not a talent evaluator, so take these with a grain of salt:

Joey Peterson - I'm not going to say I love this commit. He doesn't have the size of his brother, although he seems to have went from 6'2 200 to 6'4 215 on Rivals. Zach had a pretty big weight/height gain as a SR too. I'm just not sure how a kid has one sack as a JR and gets a P5 scholarship, but maybe he's a greyshirt. I do think that he has his brother's motor. Cyclone comparison: Dan Sichterman.

Ben Langston - I do think that with losing Eisworth, White and potentially Ross, there's a need for some experience at Safety. He has decent speed, is a decent tackler, has a good nose for the ball. Given the losses and the fact that we play 3 Safeties, I could see him being a 2 year starter. Cyclone comparison: This is a tough one...Deon Broomfield?

Jaylin Noel - This was our #1 target at M and they got him. He doesn't have Milton's speed and he's not super elusive, but he's going to be a good player. They haven't really recruited a slot WR recently (maybe Tampa is that, and Glass left), so there's a hole to fill. I feel like he will play behind Milton next year and probably start the next 3. Cyclone comparison: DeShaunte Jones.

Tyler Onyedim - This is pretty much recruiting to scheme. He has some quickness off the ball. I think that he can play DE in a 3 man front and hold the line, but he can also shift inside on passing downs. Will be a nice addition to the rotation. Cyclone comparison: Tucker Robertson.

Beau Freyler - Seems to have good speed and good awareness. Will tackle some too. They brought in 3 Safeties this year and I think that he's going to be right in there competing with them to start early on. He's one of my favorite commits of the class. Cyclone comparison: Everett Edwards?

Tyler Moore - He's got size and decent speed. Can locate the ball and high point it. I think that he will be a pretty good player for us. Probably in the rotation with Dean, Loving-Black and Hanika after a RS year. Cyclone comparison: Chase Allen.

Carston Marshall - A long OLB that can run a little and make plays. I've long been a proponent of taller LBs. I just think that even if you're fast, being 6'0 or under is a disadvantage with being able to sift through blockers. Marshall can run, cover, blitz. Seems like a pretty good addition. Cyclone comparison: a taller Braxton Lewis.

Myles Mendeszoon - I have a hard time seeing how this fits, because he seems like a future 4-3 DE. I don't know that he runs well enough to be a LB, but if he does, he has good size there. Don't think you can question the motor. Cyclone comparison: a less explosive Will McDonald.

Deon Silas - Has good quickness and even though he's not a burner, he has decent speed. I think that he'll right in there to be our #1 KR/PR early on. Looks like a guy that could play some RB and also slot WR. I really thought that they'd do that with Re-Al Mitchell, so it remains to be seen if the staff will put him in the best position to contribute. Cyclone comparison: A thicker Jarvis West.

Howard Brown - What a freak. He has elite quickness, speed and agility for his size. The only issue is that there's no real video of him playing DL. How he handles a double team, etc. But if that film was out there, he'd probably have offers from everyone. I have very little doubt that he plays in the rotation early and it wouldn't surprise me if Campbell had some plays for him as a goal line QB. Cyclone comparison: Jamahl Johnson.

Robert Army - Most of his video is at WR, but at Safety, he has good size and speed. Maybe a project at Safety, but he has the needed size, speed, athleticism. Seems like he'll be a good player with some decent upside. Cyclone comparison: Reggie Wilkerson.

Aidan Ralph - Future MIKE LB. He has good size and will probably be 6'3 240 in a few years. Has a good nose for the ball and can shed blockers. If he could run just a little better, he'd have all kinds of offers. Cyclone comparison: Bobby McMillen

Charles Wright - Has good accuracy and decent arm strength. Seems like a hard worker. He's not fast, but he's mobile enough to move around in the pocket. I think that he'll be a good addition to the room. Cyclone comparison: He looks like Purdy out there, but I'll say Sam Richardson but not as fast.

Jim Bonifas - He has decent feet and a good frame. I don't think that he'll ever be a LT, but he could play RT or move inside to OG pretty easily. I could see him being 6'5 300 after a RS year. Cyclone comparison: Bryce Meeker

Dodge Sauser - He may not have the size or ability of other OLs, but he does play nasty. He's going to be a OG or C for sure. He'll have to wait his turn, but I could see him getting snaps as an upper classman. Cyclone comparison: Colin Olsen.

Tristan Michaud - Another tall WR to add to the group. He's a little underrated since he plays in Canada. He's not very fast, but he has the body that the staff seems to like at that spot. He's pretty raw, so it may be some time before he sees the field. Cyclone comparison: Sean Shaw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News